30/60/90-Day Action Plans
That Can Change Your Life
Then you sit worrying about if you will be getting that “Dear John” letters from the Human Resources department wishing you well.
Do those things sound like what is happening to you? Don’t feel bad if it does. – It is NOT your fault. You’ve been doing what the so-called experts told you to do. Those experts were all WRONG. They don’t know what they are talking about. If they did, you would have a job by now.
Here’s what you need to know:
The #1 question you hear from job seekers every day is, How can I stand out?” How do you set yourself apart from the other candidates and show that you are the one to hire, and get the job offer?
It isn’t always the most skilled candidate who gets the offer. The one who gets the offer is the one who does the best job of communicating with the hiring manager. Good communication is the real key to standing out and getting the offer.
The job market is extremely competitive. You don’t get that many interviews, so you need to make sure you’re playing at the top of your game in every single one. You all have similar resumes (which is why they called you to interview) and you’re all answering the same job interview questions and probably giving similar answers. – (download our pdf on 50 toughest interview questions)
You need a way to stand out from the crowd, communicate with this person in a way that impresses them, and show them very clearly your value as a future employee.
Short of becoming a mind reader, how can you know what your hiring manager needs to hear in order to offer you the job? The ONE tool that consistently works that set you apart, communicate your skills and show your value to the hiring manager in any job interview is a 30/60/90-Day Action Plan.
What Is The 30/60/90 Day Action Plan?
A 30/60/90-Day Action Plan is just what it sounds like…a written outline of action steps and goals for your first 30, 60, and 90 days on the job.
In the past, these plans were more familiar to sales reps and if you are in sales, you MUST have a plan or don’t even bother going to the interview. But the truth is that every job has critical tasks that must be accomplished in order to be successful.
Simply put, the 30/60/90-day plan is an action plan of what you will do as an employee in the company (where you are interviewing) in your first 90 days. It is broken down into 30 day sections.
With this plan, you answer the question, “How will you be successful in your first 3 months on the job?” Ultimately it communicates that you will be successful long-term.
Why Does A 30-60-90-Day Plan Make You Stand Out?
- It elevates you as a candidate. Creating and presenting a 30/60/90-Day Plan shows that you’ve:
- Done your homework.
- Analyzed the position.
- Thoughtfully considered how you can best serve this company in this capacity.
- It dramatically improves your interview performance. The process of creating your plan requires research and planning. This means that you will be the most prepared that you’ve ever been for an interview. As a result, your answers to their interview questions will be the best they’ve ever been and your interview performance will be spectacular.
- It demonstrates your intelligence, work ethic, commitment, energy, and more. All those intangible qualities that you can’t put on your resume that make for a great employee. It substantially improves their perception of you as a candidate:
Why Does The Offer Get You?
You will be best-prepared, most knowledgeable candidate—just from creating the 30-60-90-Day Plan. It demonstrates your drive, work ethic, and commitment to success. It makes your interview MUCH easier—it becomes a discussion between professionals instead of a ‘bug under a microscope’ interrogation.
- It highlights your communication skills and abilities.
- It showcases your knowledge of the job—even if you’ve never done it before.
- It reassures the hiring manager—it’s ‘safe’ to hire you and you will be great at the job.
For more information on the 30-60-90 day action plan, I recommend that you register for our free webinar on this subject. Also download our e-report on 50 toughest question in interviews.
Link to Free webinar – Perfect Interview Questions and Answers
Link to Free e-report – How to Answer Interview Questions 50 Tough Questions – Answered